Since I first discovered that Chiara had a brain injury at 5 months old, I have not stopped researching both conventional and alternative therapies to help Chiara in her overall development. Here is a list of some of the Natural Therapies that I believe have been of incredible benefit to Chiara.
- Yoga for the Special Child: Sonia Summer
- Anat Baniel/Feldenkrais through Louise at Movement Made Easy
- Tibetan Singing Bowl Healing via Madam Kali Singing Bowls
- Myotherapy via Andrea Williams at MyoFirst
- Physiotherapy via Diane
- Osteopathy via Michael @ Move Osteo
- Naturopathy: Brain stimulants, supplements, holistic nutritional support, MTHFR gene testing (will outline all tests, supplements and diet in coming posts)
- Homeopathy (Sleep, Stress, Immune, Digestion, Constipation)
- Essential Oils. I try and massage Chiara daily, if not twice a day with coconut oil
The past year has been enormous, emotionally, physically and spiritually. Some days have been met with huge amounts of resistance, of desperately wanting Chiara to develop like her peer’s…and loads of grieving for the fact that she is not… as she grows chronologically in age, the neurological gap becomes greater.. and more obvious as the days go by. When I see children of her age (& younger!!) able to sit, stand, walk, roll, wave, reach food to their mouths and even Talk!, my heart skips a beat… perhaps with a pang of saddness and wonderment of the miracle simultaneously.
It takes a great deal of courage to simply let go and accept.