Nutrition – Organic Goodness!
A lot of time and effort goes into Chiara’s meal planning. Each main meal is carefully proportioned, weighed and then populated onto a Mothership excel spreadsheet. This way we ensure that Chiara is meeting her her daily nutritional requirements. In addition every 6 months we get the relevant blood tests, hair and mineral tests (measure toxicity) to see where she needs extra support. Absolutely everything we do in terms of supplements and tests are overseen either by IAHP medical staff, or our own biomedical doctors here. I would not use any supplements unless guided by a professional. I’ve attached the list of supplements we are currently using, note for some we alternate so you will see OR, on the far left hand side of spreadsheet.
Here’s the lowdown for what we cover and it’s all ORGANIC.. of course 😉
- a green leafy vegetable i.e. collard greens, kale, swiss chard
- a green example: broccoli, green peas, asparagus
- at least one other colour i.e: yellow squash, red beets, carrots, eggplant
- Animal Protein: beef, chicken, turkey, fish
- Plant Protein: nuts, seeds, beans, lentils & certain whole grains like buckwheat, quinoa, millet, amaranth
- Complex Carbohydrates: lentils, brown & wild rice, beans, chickpeas & whole grains
- Simple Carbohydrates: root vegetables & potatoes
- Fats: cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil, sesame oil, avocado oil, almonds & seeds (and their butters and milks)
- Snacks: fruits berries, apple etc variety is the key – seasonal
- Home made milks: brazil nut, almond, sunflower seed, coconut, cashew, macadamia (taste amazing!!)
Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food! Hippocrates.. what a legend!